- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Executive Mentor/Scholars Program
The business community has long recognized the value of mentoring as a means of developing both its leaders and its future workforce. Business professionals who act as mentors and role models help students gain insights that allow these students to hone their skills in preparation for successful employment.
The Alfred Lerner College of Business & Economics is leading the way in developing this unique educational resource through its Executive Mentors-Scholars Program. This initiative establishes mentor-student relationships in which the executive's professional background is complementary to the student's career objectives. Students apply during the spring semester of their sophomore year, beginning their mentorships as juniors in the fall semester, and conclude the experience at the end of their senior year.
Develop a one-on-one relationship with a public or private-sector business executive by meeting once or twice a semester for your junior and senior years. Gain insights on the relevance of academic studies to the business world and career objectives. Obtain an insider's view of a company and the industry in which it operates. Learn valuable networking skills.
Contact the mentor to establish the start of the experience. Work with your mentor to establish a schedule and develop an agenda with objectives for the academic year. Demonstrate professional, responsible behavior following through on scheduled meetings and in representing your College in a corporate environment. At the completion of the experience, complete a brief assessment questionnaire.
Qualifications and Requirements
- You must be enrolled in the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics
- You must be a sophomore planning to graduate December 2014 or May 2015 OR a Graduate student planning to graduate May 2014.
- You must have a GPA of 3.00 or higher at the end of Winter Session 2013
- You must submit your application to the Lerner College Career Services Center (103 Lerner Hall – Drop off in MBA Reception Area) by Friday, April 5, 2013.
- You must complete an interview with a member of the selection committee by the end of Spring 2013.
For Further Information: Please contact Jill Panté, jguginoudel [dot] edu, 831-3160, Lerner College Career Services Center, 004 Purnell Hall.